Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Few Young Adult Titles

Lately, I've had the pleasure of reading some young adult (some call them mature young adult) titles that were previously self published and have been picked up by major publishing companies!  I wish I had time to review each of them individually (and maybe I will later) but at the speed I'm reading them, I'm lucky to have to time to write this post!  I can tell you this though, they all have cute guys, strong heroines,  great relationships and meaty issues.



Seriously, it started with the book Flat Out Love by Jessica Park which a friend I trust dearly when it comes to books recommended to me.  I wasn't sure what to expect but immediately fell in love with Julie, Celeste and Matt.  Trust me, if you enjoy a good contemporary, young adult romance with some serious subject matter, give this one a try!  So good!



After that, I picked up Easy by Tammara Webber.  The main character, Jacqueline followed her high school boyfriend to college and things don't exactly go as planned when he dumps her a few months into their sophomore year.  Trying to fit in again with out him, she goes to a party and as she leaves, is attacked  by her exes frat brother but thankfully rescued by a mysterious stranger.  What happens next between Jacqueline and this stranger is what this book is all about.  Lots of meat to this story too as well as a hot relationship!  So good!

Next up were Slammed and Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover.  Laken and Will are the main characters in this book and if you don't fall in love with them, there is something wrong with you!!  Lake has just moved to Michigan with her mother and younger brother after their father dies.  And who should be Lake's neighbor?  You guessed it, Will.  After an amazing first date, things don't go as planned as unforseen obstacles begin to get in the way. What follows is an intense story of a couple who is meant to be together but because of circumstances can't.  Point of Retreat is the sequel and while I personally enjoyed Slammed more, I was happy to see the story continue. 


These are a few that I've read but up next are some books by Abbi Glines and Rebecca Donovan.  Any other recommendations from others out there?  These type of books have just really been what I've been craving lately! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment