Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book Review: I'll Be There - Holly Goldberg Sloan


Sam and Emily appear as complete opposite....Sam has moved time after time, takes care of his younger brother Riddle and has a father who is mentally unstable and always on the run from the law. Emily is musical, smart and comes from a supportive family who love her very much. A chance meeting and an instant connection will change both of their lives and change the lives of those around them forever.

I don't want to say too much because I don't want to give the story away but from the moment I began reading it I was instantly immersed in the characters and the storyline of this book. To me, the different point of views flowed seemlessly and made the whole concept of fate and destiny really show through in the end. Once I was finished I just wanted to hug the book and hope that it would reach through to the characters. And it also made me think about the day to day actions of our lives and how no matter how big or small they may appear, there is a cause and effect to everything. Holly Goldberg Sloan has written such an emotional and beautiful novel.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment